Examples of personnel risk include:
- difficulties with recruitment and retention
- staff shortages as a result of turnover or sickness or leave
- ill health
- working patterns.
Examples of risk-reduction measures include:
- offering staff good terms and conditions
- putting in place employment contracts
- ensuring staff are multi-skilled (to avoid single points of failure)
- maintaining good staff communication systems (e.g. staff meetings and appraisal)
- establishing contacts with providers of agency staff
- agreeing succession planning and deputising arrangements.