Before an appointment provide the patient with information on:
- who the appointment is with
- how long the appointment is likely to last
- what the patient will need to bring with them (e.g. medications, proof of exemption status)
- costs and how to pay for treatment
- the practice policy on cancelling appointments and associated charges for missing appointments
- any method used to confirm the appointment, e.g. use of reminder cards or text/email messages
Establish whether the patient has any additional requirements for attending the practice and advise accordingly.